Items 1-12 of 99
- Part # 141148BLKOEM Style 14mm 1.50 | Black Chrome | 7/8 22mm Hex | M14 x 1.5 Thread | Fits Chrysler 300 | Dodge Challenger | Dodge Charger| Dodge Magnum$1.51Out of stock
- Part # 661148BLK-2Factory Style - Lug (Blk) - Ford (13/16) M14 1.5 (Blk)(2 Pc)$2.32Out of stock
- Part # 511173BLK-2Factory Style - Lug (Blk) - Ford (13/16) M14 2.0 BLK (2 Pc)$2.40Out of stock
- Part # 971148BLKBlack Lug Nuts with Washer M14x1.5 OEM Stock Factory Replaces 2022 Toyota Tundra$2.97
- Part # 531142BLKFactory Style - Lug (Blk) - Jeep (7/8) 1/2$1.52
- Part # 641138BLKSpline Lug Nut - Car (6 Sided) - M10 1.25 (Blk)$1.28Out of stock
- Part # 641135BLKSpline Lug Nut - Car (6 Sided) - 3/8 (Blk)$1.28Out of stock
- Part # 181145BLKLug Nut - Spike Spline - M12 1.5 Car (Blk)$3.44Out of stock
- Part # 181138BLKLug Nut - Spike Spline - M10 1.25 Car (Blk)$3.44Out of stock
- Part # 181135BLKLug Nut - Spike Spline - 3/8 Car (Blk)$3.44Out of stock
- Part # 17KX44BLKFactory Style - Lug (Blk) - Subaru (3/4) M12 1.25 (10 Pc)(Lugs Only)$10.11Out of stock
- Part # 171144BLKFactory Style - Lug (Blk) - Subaru (3/4) M12 1.25$1.01Out of stock
Items 1-12 of 99
Lug Nuts | Coyote Accessories
Choosing the right lug nuts for your wheel application is important for safety as well as appearance. Coyote's Lug Nuts combine the highest quality manufacturing techniques with the latest OE and aftermarket styles!
The primary function of the lug nut is to clamp the wheel to the vehicle hub
Selecting Lug Nuts
Find the perfect lug nut for your vehicle by choosing from the following specifications
- End - Open or Closed
- Seat Style - Acorn, Bulge Acorn
- Drive - Hex (size), Car Spline, Truck Spline, and Tuner Car
- Finish - Chrome, Black, Blue, Red
- H/T - Heat Treated
Minimum Thread Engagement for Lug Nuts = 1.5 x Diameter of Threads
Lug End Types
Closed End Lugs Nuts are available in 1-Piece and 2-Piece designs. 1-Piece Design Lug Nutsare used primarily for cosmetic purposes whereas 2-Piece Design Lug Nutshas a thin metal cap on the top of the nut. The 2-Piece design protects against false torque readings as a result of the wheel stud contacting the inside of Lug Nut prior to seating with wheel.
Open End Lugs are designed with the end of the lug nut open to fit under hub caps and wheel covers where space is limited. Studs usually protrude through the end of the lug nut.
Most Coyote Accessories lug nuts are a two piece design. The 2-piece design refers to a thin metal cap on the Lug Nut that protects against false torque readings resulting from the wheel stud contacting the inside of lug nut prior to seating with the wheel.
Most Coyote lugs are forged, not cut from bar stock. Forging allows for better mechanical properties and consistent quality.
All chrome plated lug nuts have a long lasting, high luster finish. Every Coyote lug nut is double nickel plated to surpass 48 hour salt spray testing.
Coyote Accessories black lug nuts and bolts are coated with black zinc, then painted using an electro-deposition process. This process ensures the long lasting beauty of our black parts. Even if the paint chips off during installation, the black zinc remains to ensure corrosion resistance and a long lasting luster.
Acorn Lug Nuts are designed with a standard 60-degree conical tapered seat for use on steel wheels.
Bulge Acorn Lug Nuts provide more seating surface area than a standard acorn lug nut and are commonly used for aluminum wheels without a steel insert.
Note: Bulge Acorn nuts can be used in on all applications that requires an acorn lug nut.
ET (Extended Thread) Conical Seat Lug Nuts have both tapered seats and shanks, which allows for additional thread engagement.
Mag and Shank Seat Lug Nuts
Mag and Shank-Style Lug Nuts are used with wheels which have Mag Style Lug holes. Mag style lug holes are found on older aluminum wheels and some retro style wheels as pictured below. Mag style wheels were very common in the 1960’s and 1970’s. This style of lug nut is popular with hot rodders who are building custom rods attempting to maintain a particular look.
Overall Length, Shank Width, Shank Length and Washer Style are determining factors when selecting Mag Style Lug Nuts.
1. Standard Mag .75 Long / .687 Diameter
2. Duplex Mag 1.00 Long / .735 Diameter
3. Short Shank .340 Long / .687 Diameter
4. Crager SST 1.38 Long / .687 Diameter
5. Short Mag .50 Long / .687 Diameter
6. Long Mag 1.00 Long / .687 Diameter
Standard Mag Lug Nuts are the most popular of the Shank Style Nuts and are found on American Racing Wheels like the Torque Thrust
SST Shank Lug Nuts are used on Crager SST Wheels
Mag Style Lug Nuts require a washer for properly securing the wheel to the vehicle. Wheel manufactures like Keystone and Crager use Off-Center and On-Center washers as the wheels were designed with oblong holes so that they can be used on different bolt circles. The On-Center and Off-Center washers assist in matching the Lug Nuts to wheels for a secure clamping force.
Lug Drive Types
Hex Drive Lug Nuts are the most common in the industry. For removal and installation of hex drive lug nuts do not require any special tools or adapters.
Common sizes of hex drives are: 3/4”, 13/16”, 7/8”, and 17mm.
Spline and Tuner (SocketLug) Lug Nuts
Spline and Tuner Lug Nuts are designed to fit into the small diameter recesses of newer style rims.
Spline Lug Nuts have splines on the outside of the nut and require a special adapter for removal and installation.
Tuner (SocketLug) Lug Nuts have their drive on the inside of the nut, also requiring an adapter for removal and installation.
OE Aluminum Bulge Lug Nuts
OE Aluminum Bulge Lug Nuts designed to fit many aftermarket wheels and OEM alloy wheels. Fit for most tuner wheels and some stock wheels with acorn, conical, or tapered seats. Very popular item for Asian Import vehicles. Available if 4 different Anodized finish options, Silver, Blue, Black, and Red, to resist corrosion and surface abrasion. Thread Options available 12mm X 1.25 and 12mm X 1.50
ATV Lug Nuts
ATV Lug Nuts designed to fit many different wheel configurations for all terrain vehicles.
- 17mm Hex 10mm X 1.25 Thread Chrome Plated
- 14mm Hex 3/8” Thread Black Paint or Chrome Plated
- 14mm Hex 10mm X 1.25 Thread Red Paint, Blue Paint, Black Paint, or Chrome Plated
Bulge Acorn Seat
- 17mm Hex 3/8” Thread Red Paint, Blue Paint, Black Paint, or Chrome Plated
- 17mm Hex 10 X 1.25 Thread Red Paint, Blue Paint, Black Paint, or Chrome Plated
- 14mm Hex 3/8” Thread Black Paint or Chrome Plated
OE Style Lug Nuts
OE Style Lug Nuts are designed for direct replacement of existing OE Lug Nuts.
Available for Toyota, Nissan, Chevrolet, Range Rover, Acura/Honda, and Porsche.
OE Style Open End Lug Nuts are designed with the end of the lug nut open to fit under hub caps and wheel covers where space is limited. Lugs usually protrude through the end of the lug nut. Coyote offers OE Style Open End Lug Nuts for Honda Acura, Porsche, and Chevrolet applications.
- 12mm X 1.5 Ball – Round Seat
- 14mm X 1.5 Ball – Round Seat
- 1/2”, 9/16”, 12mm X 1.5, 14mm X 1.5 Taper – Conical Seat (Late Model Chevrolet and GMC Trucks and SUV applications)
OE Style Closed End Lug Nuts are commonly 1-Piece Design with an integrated washer used primarily for cosmetic purposes on OEM Aluminum Wheels. Overall Length, Shank Width, and Shank Length are determining factors when selecting OE Style Closed End Lug Nuts for specific applications. Coyote offers OE Style Closed End Lug Nuts for Toyota, Range Rover, Honda/Acura, and Nissan applications.
- 14mm X 1.5 – ET with Integrated Washer (multiple configurations available) OE Style Wheel Lock Also Available
- 12mm X 1.5 – ET with Integrated Washer (multiple configurations available) OE Style Wheel Lock Also Available
- 14mm X 1.5 – ET with Integrated Washer (multiple configurations available) OE Style Wheel Lock Also Available for 2006-up Sport, Evoque, LR2, LR3, LR4
- 14mm X 1.5 – ET with Integrated Washer
- 14mm X 1.5 Ball – Round Seat
- 12mm X 1.25 – ET with Integrated Washer (1996-Up Inifiniti/Nissan applications) OE Style Wheel Lock Also Available
LUG NUTS FAQS
How to Remove a Stripped Lug Nut?
One of the most frustrating problems while doing vehicle repairs is removing stripped lug nuts. Stripped Lug Nuts typically occur when the Nut is installed using a worn or incorrect socket and removing them can almost seem impossible.
One of the least expensive ways to remove a stripped lug nut is to use a hammer and tap the socket on until fully seated and using a breaker bar to remove the nut. If the Lug Nut is severely stripped, Lug Nut removal sockets are available. Lug Nut Removal sockets are tapped onto the stripped lug nut and due to the internal construction of the socket, it actually tightens onto the socket when removing.
How Much Torque Do You Need For Lug Nuts?
Torquing your car's lug nuts to the proper specification is crucial for your vehicle’s safety and overall functionality. To know how much torque is needed for lug nuts, you can refer to your manual for specifications. If this is not provided, best to consult a dealer that sells your car's brand instead of guessing.
How To Measure Wheel Bolt Pattern?
A standard bolt pattern starts with the number of studs you’re mounting your wheels on to. It can be 4- 5- 6- or 8-lug. Once you have determined the lug count, you will need to measure the circle’s diameter formed by the center of the wheel lugs.
In 4- 6- and 8-lug, the bolt patterns are measured from one lug center to the one directly across it. A 5-lug bolt pattern is a little more challenging to measure. For 5-lug bolt patterns, select one stud as you starting point and over 2 lugs counter clockwise then measure across from the middle point of one hole to the back end of the hole across it.
If you have any questions about the process, or you’d like some expert advice, we’re always here to help.